Friday, October 16, 2015

A Perfect Night for Dancing

An Excerpt from The 25th Hour (Book One in The Adventures of Mackenzie Mortimer):

“I guess you’ll have to hang around to talk to the cops.”

“I wasn’t planning on going anywhere. This is the hottest party in town.” She noticed the music piped in through the speakers and saw several couples dancing in the moonlight. “It’s a perfect night for dancing.”

Mackenzie gazed across the rooftop and saw Vanessa in an elegant chiffon dress dancing with her father. “Yeah, it is, but it would be awkward to break in when Vanessa’s dancing with her dad.”

Marlene rolled her eyes and tried again. “Still, it’s a shame to let the music go to waste; it’s such a lovely slow dance.” She hesitated. “You could dance with me. After all, it’s not every night I wear my best dress.”

Mackenzie shrugged. “I suppose. If you don’t think it’s weird or anything.”

She clasped his hand and drew him close to her, swaying with the music. “Close your eyes, Mac. Imagine you’re dancing with Vanessa.” Marlene swallowed. And I’ll pretend I’m Vanessa, as well, she thought. As they danced, she felt closer than ever to Mackenzie… and as distant as ever.

Available in paperback or Kindle exclusively on Amazon.com


Time is running out… fortunately, Mackenzie Mortimer has a few more minutes than anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment