Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Callum - An Excerpt from Flashbacks

Nosferatu, Inc.’s Australian Headquarters, the Present:

Callum wiped the blood from his lips as he returned to his office.

“Mr. Remick has left three messages for you, sir,” Kaiya said. “He’s also insisting you use the mobile phones the corporation keeps sending you.”

“Bollocks! It’s bad enough I have to listen to that earbasher drone on during office hours, but I’ll be damned if I’ll carry a phone with me twenty-four seven. I won’t be a slave to a ringing piece of metal. What’s the bloke want, this time?”

“He said it concerns a missing Nosferatu operative. He’s sending a team to search for her and he wants our help.”

Callum grimaced. “So, now we’re the corporation’s bloody Lost and Found Department? Get him on the horn for me.” Callum sat at his desk. “And Kaiya, bring me a cuppa warm blood, dear.”

The Australian director picked up the phone receiver. “G’day, mate. What can I do for you?”

“You might start by returning your calls,” Remick said. “I’ve been trying to reach you for hours.”

“Sorry mate, I had a late lunch. She didn’t show up when I expected her to and had to chase her down when she did. Hate it when my meals are uncooperative. So what’s your bother?”


The Vampires & Werewolves You Only Think You Know!




  Fangs & Fur, Book One: Flashbacks

Available in Paperback and Kindle editions.

No comments:

Post a Comment