Friday, October 23, 2015

Do You Have Any Idea How Powerful That Watch Makes You?

An Excerpt from The 25th Hour (Book One in The Adventures of Mackenzie Mortimer):

“Mac, last night he tried to rape her. Margo slept in the woods. She was afraid to go home. She’s terrified. He’s got to be stopped or he’ll try again.”

“Has she told the police?”

Marlene shook her head. “She has no proof to back up her story. He’ll deny it. Besides, the cops can’t guard her every minute.”

Mackenzie pulled out his pocket watch. “I can travel between minutes, but I can’t watch over Margo every minute either. What can I do?”

“You can protect her. Warn off Dexter. Use force, if you have to.”

“Force? We are talking about Dexter Brannigan, aren’t we? The high school kid who’s four years older than me and at least a foot taller, and a whole lot heavier?”

Marlene gritted her teeth. “Margo’s my best girlfriend. I’d sooner see Dexter dead than see Margo hurt.” She composed herself. “Mac, Margo feels helpless and defenseless against Dexter. He’s bigger and stronger than her, too. But you can do things she can’t. You can stop him in his tracks. You can sneak into his house the same way you snuck into Tucker Bryant’s. Dexter can’t defend himself against someone who can freeze time around him. Do you have any idea how powerful that watch makes you? You could stab him twenty times before he could blink his eyes.”

Mackenzie gulped. “Do you realize what you’re saying? Are you suggesting I kill him?”

“That creep tried to rape Margo. He deserves it.”

“Marlene, I can’t kill anyone. I know you’re angry, but—”

Available in paperback or Kindle exclusively on Amazon.com


Time is running out… fortunately, Mackenzie Mortimer has a few more minutes than anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment