Monday, May 30, 2011

An Excerpt: "Don't Mind the Troll"

The troll grunted. As he turned to leave, Mordred stepped in through the open doorway.

“Oh, excuse me. I didn’t realize you had a guest.”

“I was just leaving.” Hakmar turned back to face the Wards. “Heed my warning. The Fae are a force to be reckoned with.”

“The Fae?” Mordred asked. “My mother, Morgana le Fey, was one of the most powerful of your kind.”

The troll studied the warlock. “Aye, then you would be her half-breed whelp. You bear the stench of mortals.”

“I am not mortal,” Mordred replied, in a stern voice.

“Nor be you Fae, half-breed. Now move out of my way, lest I waste any more time on a coprolite like you.”

Mordred stepped aside and the troll left. “Charming fellow,” Mordred remarked. “Friend of yours… or may I go after him and fricassee him into troll stew?”

“Don’t mind the troll,” Julian replied. “They are always fulminating against something.”



Halos & Horns: Book 2 - And A Child Shall Lead Them ... It's always better the second time around!




Softcover edition. 362 pages.