Friday, June 3, 2016

I’m Just a Weak Girl

An Excerpt from The Tomorrow Paradox (Book Two in The Adventures of Mackenzie Mortimer):
A determined look crossed Gemma’s face. “The longer the crooks have to wait for the cops to meet their demands, the more bored and tired they’re going to get. I know what that’s like. They’ll let their guard down and we can rush them.”

“Brandy, don’t be silly. That’s too dangerous. You’re just a girl, and a weak one at that, recently out of the hospital. There’s no way you could overpower one of these guys. If I get a chance, I’ll take it, but promise me you won’t do anything foolish.”

Gemma grinned. “Who, me? I’m just a weak girl.” I didn’t escape from a lifetime of captivity to be held captive by these two clowns, she thought.

“Hey, you two!” one robber called out to them. “Quit talking. You, boy… Get over there.” He motioned to the other side of the room, where the clerk and his partner were. “Don’t even think about planning to escape. Remember, even though the two of you as hostages gives us more leverage with the cops, we can still guarantee our getaway with only one of you. If either of you tries anything, I’ll shoot the other.”

Drake snarled at him. “If you didn’t have that gun…”

The robber chuckled. “Tough kid, huh? But are you bulletproof?” He pointed his pistol at Drake and watched the boy’s face turn ashen. “Then, you’d better behave. Now get over there.”

“Drake, do what he says.” Gemma watched the robbers, biding her time.


Available in paperback or Kindle exclusively on Amazon.com





Time is running out… fortunately, Mackenzie Mortimer has a few more minutes than anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment